All I had to do was import the resulting file in iTunes & synchronize the device. Works like a champ.
The bad news is that I killed my MythTV install in the process of doing so.
It wasn't the above command that did the damage, it was my attempts to mess with Myth2ipod. I strongly recommend that any Knoppmyth user avoid it at all cost, if their system is newer than March 2006.
It really is my own fault. I should have taken a moment to look and see that the project hadn't been updated since March 2006. By comparison, I (was) running Knoppmyth R5C7, which was released May 2006. The Myth2ipod perl script is harmless enough, but it was the instructions for upgrading
ffmpegthat did me in. Here's what the start of that looked like:
I had a bad feeling about it when I saw so many packages that were being replaced. In the end, when I went to reboot to validate nothing serious was broken, MythTV wouldn't go past the boot splash screen. (I can't even find a way to get the raw output from the boot, the box locks up just after the LILO screen disappears).
All the same, Knoppmyth's latest release is R5F7, published May 2007. So, I'll just rebuild with that (hopefully I can save all the TV shows I've recorded).
After I get MythTV up and running again, I'll hack that myth2ipod script and make it work with the modern version. I'll then post the results, after I get it cleanly done.